I love my Farm Fresh to You box; they often send broccolini and this was a great way to use it.
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds [I didn’t have any sesame seeds – they go bad too quickly – so I just did without]
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 bunches broccolini (about 1 pound), stalks halved lengthwise if large
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced [as with the Pear and Cranberry Crumble, I used prepared ginger in a tube]
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add sesame seeds and toast, tossing, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil. Add broccolini, garlic, ginger, and water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccolini is crisp-tender, about 12 minutes. Add soy sauce and cook until it evaporates, 30 seconds. Top with sesame oil and sesame seeds.
–Recipe courtesy Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food magazine.