I love polenta, and this sounded like a tasty new way to do it. I also had thyme I needed to use!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup whole milk [I used lowfat]
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan [I used Asiago]
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high. Add corn and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is warmed through, about 1 minute. Add milk and water and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in cornmeal. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and creamy, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
–Recipe courtesy Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food magazine.