When we received 4 big leeks in the FFTY box, I knew I had to get serious about using them up, so I made this yummy pie (I also made mustard soup). I used Cabot Creamery’s Bacon Cheddar instead of the Gruyere and it was ah-mazing. So much tasty bacon flavor to go with the zesty leeks and toasty crust!
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 leeks, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup light cream [I used milk and it worked out fine]
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Gruyere cheese [I used the bacon cheddar instead]
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in leeks; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until soft. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream and cheese, and warm through. Pour mixture into pie shell
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until custard is set and golden on top. Allow to sit 10 minutes before cutting pie into wedges.