We received a bunch of cabbage from FFTY, and I wanted to see if I could make it taste like my favorite cabbagey goodness, Tasty Brussels Sprouts. This recipe seemed like it would do the trick. I added some shallots too, since those are in the Brussels recipe too. It turned out quite well!
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 more tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- [Mixed with the oil, I added 2 or 3 diced shallots]
- 1 medium head green cabbage, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway or fennel seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Place 1 medium head green cabbage, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds, in a single layer on sheet and brush with 2 tablespoons oil [and add shallots]. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon caraway or fennel seeds. Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, 40 to 45 minutes.