I saw this recipe in the latest issue of Everyday Food and it sounded intriguing. It turned out all right (quite a bit spicier than I expected), but I think I still prefer plain old butter and salt and pepper on carrots!
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 tbsp mango chutney, divided
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- On a rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray or oil, toss together carrots, 4 tbsp chutney, butter, and ginger, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until carrots are tender and browned in spots, 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss with remaining 1 tbsp chutney and lemon juice.