I’m amazed at what I can do just with a blender. Most recipes say you need a food processor. And while it might make a lot of things easier than using a blender, almost everything I’ve tried with it still works. This recipe is a great example. I used several little avocados from the FFTY box and they were delicious. I also learned a great guac recipe by making this – the sauce by itself was perfect and it didn’t turn brown while waiting for the pasta to be cooked and cooled!
Note: I had lethal garlic breath after eating – I should have used fewer cloves!
- 1 1/2cup dry shell pasta or short pasta of your choice
- 1 ripe avocado
- [I also added a few diced shallots]
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2Tbsp lime juice
- 3Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1tsp garlic paste [I added way too many diced cloves of garlic]
- [I added a bit of diced canned peppers for spiciness]
- [I added some Tapatio]
- salt & pepper
- chopped cilantro and/or jalapeno for garnish
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain well, set aside to cool.
- Peel avocado and remove the pit. Put it in a food processor together with chopped cilantro, [shallots, chiles, Tapatio, lime juice, mayonnaise and garlic paste. Blend it until it’s creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Cover it with plastic wrap and keep it in a refrigerator if you have time.)
- Transfer the avocado sauce to a medium sized bowl. Add cooked pasta and toss them well. Sprinkle chopped cilantro and/or jalapeno on top.