Once again, I used too much garlic and ended up with breath from hell. I always exceed the garlic requirements for most recipes, and when something is cooked, it’s not so bad. I forget to be more careful when things are kept raw. This was still a great way to use up the gypsy peppers we so often get from FFTY though.
- 2-3 Gypsy peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds
- Fresh herbs of your choosing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cut off the tops and bottoms of the peppers and slice an edge to remove the seeds and white ribs.
- Lay the peppers flat on a foil-lines pan and put under the broiler until just blackened.
- Remove from oven and wrap peppers in foil for 10 minutes. Then, peel the peppers.
- In a food processor [or blender], add the peeled peppers, garlic, sliced almonds, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Pulse until combined and stream in the olive oil until incorporated. Serve with grilled chicken, fish, or on grilled bread as bruschetta.
–Recipe courtesy FFTY newsletter/Melissa Germaine.
The garlicy sauce: