We got a cucumber from FFTY and I never know what to do with cucumbers. I like the taste of them fine, but they weep all over everything you use them in and that’s annoying. Luckily, the FFTY newsletter included a recipe for this dressing. I didn’t use it as a salad dressing, though. I mixed some of it with some Greek yogurt to make it thick enough to be a dip for veggies. It was a nice change!
- 1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup chives or scallions
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a blender and serve.
–Recipe courtesy FFTY newsletter/skinnytaste.com.