I love bulgur, garbanzos, and cheese. So this salad is awesome. So tasty and it keeps very well as leftovers.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (15.5 oz) garbanzo beans/chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta [I used crumbled goat cheese]
- salt and pepper
- In large bowl, combine bulgur and water, cover and let stand 20 minutes. Drain and return to bowl.
- Combine bulgur, chickpeas, zest, juice, oil, dill, and feta; season with salt and pepper.
–Recipe courtesy Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food, September 2012.