The yuba I made was quite tasty by itself, but I wanted to see if I could make a dish involving it that would also be tasty. This stir-fry turned out OK, but I think I still prefer plain homemade yuba, or Hodo Soy’s spicy sesame yuba “salad”. I had fun making it though!
- 1 package of fresh Yuba
- 1 sliver of ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- shake of hot pepper flakes
- shiitake mushrooms (optional)
- vegetable oil
- sesame oil
- Cut the Yuba into strips or pieces. Experiment to find a shape and size you like. Now saute ginger, garlic, and hot pepper flakes in vegetable oil.
- Dump in the tofu skin. Stir fry over high heat for 5-10 minutes, adding water as necessary. Tofu skin wants a LOT of salt. So don’t hold back!
- Just before serving, add a good dollop of sesame oil.
–Recipe courtesy Hodo Soy.