I found myself with leftover ricotta and fresh plums from the FFTY box (and a recipe they so helpfully provided in their newsletter) so what better reason might I have to make this? We didn’t do any fancy grilling, just toasting in the toaster over worked fine. Come to find out, this is a Bobby Flay recipe – explains the insistence on grilling! It was a great treat, try it sometime!
- 12 slices French baguette, lightly grilled
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 plums, halved, pitted and sliced
- 1 1/4 cups fresh ricotta
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the orange juice and sugar to a simmer in a large saute pan, over medium-low heat. Add the plums and cook until slightly softened and caramelized.
- Top each piece of bread with some of the plum mixture, then a dollop of ricotta and a sprinkling of black pepper.
–Recipe courtesy Farm Fresh To You’s Sept 10 newsletter/Bobby Flay.
Pretty and tasty: